Monday, December 29, 2008

Farewell My Mini Friend!!

It is a VERY sad day. The mini and I are breaking up. It's just not working out anymore. It's not me, it's him. He is crowding me, I need more space. We have just grown apart. Actually, I've grown and he hasn't grown with me. We have had great times, but it's time to move on.

We are trading him in tonight for a grown up car. Sigh. Actually, it's pretty good because I am ready for 4 doors. GASP! Who would have ever thought that would have come out of my mouth - er - fingers?? But it's true! We are getting a used Camry. It makes no sense to buy a new car living on our street. It would look used in 2 weeks or less with the amount of dings and bumper-parking wars.

This is just the first step into my new role of "mom". Wierd! We are beginning the baby-fying process. I think it works out well for us though that it's the end of the year and the dealership was more willing to negotiate a good deal to get the sale. Well I think so, Phil still thinks we are getting ripped off (but we aren't!!!).

So farewell Mini. Best of luck with your new owner. They won't love you as much as I did.

No comments: