Monday, September 27, 2010

best. birthday. ever.

My first 29th birthday was Saturday. From what I hear, it is the first of many? If they are all as great as this one, I'll be very lucky!

We spent the morning at my sisters after spending the night there the night before. I went out for a few drinks for the first time in a REALLY long time. I honestly don't remember the last time I was in a bar - drinking.

The afternoon we picnicked in the park with 3 of my favorite people and 4 very silly boys (2 grown, 2 still in diapers - guess who is who!)

That night, Phil and I went out to celebrate BOTH of our birthdays to Charleston. I was always a skeptic of that place. Could it really be that fabulous? Was is really worth all that money? YES and YES. Seriously, I'll save all of our date money for the year if we can go there once a year as our only date. I could probably write a post in detail about the fabulousness of each of my 5 courses (yeah we pigged out) but I'll save you from the torture and jealousy.

Sunday the celebrating continued with yummy made from scratch lasagna my sister made as my family gathered around the old farmhouse dining room table that fulfilled its destiny to be moved to my sisters house. Food. Wine. Friends. Family. Memories. It was a great weekend.

The absolute best part of my birthday weekend wasn't the seared tuna and duck fat potatoes (I'm usually against eating the duck fat dishes for ethical reasons, but wow was it worth it), it was being around my favorite boys. I couldn't love them more!

Picnic - Sams favorite teether. He's so green.

hanging with the aunties


Holding on tight to the swing and loving every second. So relaxing.




Sam found the party bucket and had a blast tipping it over. . . 

. . . And getting in it, too.


No comments: