Monday, September 27, 2010

Dear Coach K,

Its fun - and a little strange - to think about the person Sam will grow up to be. Will he be tall? Will he be artsy like me or good with numbers like Phil? Will he like school? Will he be a swimmer or a basketball player - or both? or neither? Who knows. And actually who cares? It doesn't matter what he wants to do as long as he is happy - and of course polite, courteous, and respectful and all those other things a mother hopes she instills in her son.

But I will make some predictions. Although he is a fish in the pool, I wanted to make sure he was balanced by bringing out a toy that was given to him by someone who knows a little bit about the game (and about raising boys!). I have to say he is a natural. He was palming the ball. Dunking. Dribbling (well, straight up drooling actually). Boxing Daisy out. Dropping a tre (well it was a deuce, but who's counting).

We'll wait on the sports verdict for now, but I sure hope he plays basketball. Just because swimming practices are WAY too early for me to get up to. 530am and I don't get along.


No comments: