Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do. . .

Some people say children of photographers are the worst subjects. They are so tired of having the camera in their faces. They don't cooperate. No posing, no smiling. The worst. While Sam doesn't cooperate when I try to get him to sit still for more than 4.3 seconds, I tend to chalk that up to the fact that he is an almost 2 year old boy and asking him to sit still is a really huge request.

While I expect that down the road he will yell at me to stop taking his picture, these days he is very bossy about all of it. He wants me to sit down with my camera and take his photo. While he is doing whatever he is doing. If I don't have my camera around, he will hand me one of his toy ones. He's tried playing with mine as I cautiously observe within arms reach. Thankfully, it's pretty heavy so he prefers to play with my film camera. There's little he can do to hurt it so I let him. It's good to learn film first right?

He prefers to take photos of me now, which I think is pretty funny. And he's almost nailed down the technique. He just needs to learn which way to point the lens. We're working on that. Yesterday he told me he wanted to take pictures of bananas. I'll let you know how those turn out.





And my nearly 26 week belly. Crooked. Huge. Entertaining.


And following up on Sam's trauma from this weekend .... the trauma continued briefly this morning as we went to get the stitches out. But one way or another they are out and I'm hoping to never have to do that again! But knowing how many times I've been stitched, I'm not holding my breath.



No comments: