Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lifted

Henry's birth-day was well over a month ago but I'm just now getting to posting a few photos of that day. My grand plan was to release (or have Sam release) 3 balloons to honor him. Well, the cluster of a day started early. Maybe it was that we were about to settle on our house and move. Maybe it was just the cluster of the last few months, rushing by so fast with so many things going on no one knew which was was up. But nonetheless, we released balloons. It wasn't as I had hoped, but everything it was going to be. My grand romantic gestures tend to be lessened by the fun seeking two year old. So instead of taking that moment to reflect, we watched Sam as he tried to lift up the gravestones around the cemetery. It was hard not to laugh at his struggle and inevitable defeat as he realized they were just to heavy. But what he did lift that day were our spirits. Seemingly just as heavily weighed down as the granite, but lifted like feathers by that sweet, ornery little boy.

All film shots, which also explains the delayed post. Film is the cure to my need for instant gratification. I'm learning to like surprises. ;)
(sorry for the crappy quality- my Internet still sucks so I had to save and upload through my phone. Yuck.)

No comments: