Friday, August 31, 2012

hug. now.

Over the last few weeks I have heard too many stories about lives ending suddenly. I don't know what it is about these stories that have resonated with me. Maybe it's that they were mothers who passed while giving life to their children, maybe it's that they were babies who were gone in the blink of an eye while enjoying a swim in a summer day. I think maybe in these circumstances, they hit home because they happened at times that I myself take advantage of. I play with my kids, watching them be themselves and enjoy all the things a kid should enjoy. I remember scary times in the Labor and Delivery room, but I have always myself been physically fine.
If anything, these stories - that have effected strangers I'm connected to one way or another - have made me realize that the hugs need to happen now. Drop the crap you're holding on to. Tell your husbands, kids, family, sisters, best freaking friends that you love them. And hug them. Right now.


No comments: