Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Driving with your eyes crossed is NOT recommended

Yesterday was a fairly eventful day. I told my work that I didn't plan to return after the baby comes and we got a new car - new to us anyway.

The work talk went well and I feel good about it. I didn't feel right knowing I didn't plan to return and waiting until after 6 weeks to let them know leaving them high dry and angry. I have been in the scrambling position covering for people who leave and it's not fun or possible to stay sane while doing it. With Henry, I really wanted to be able to stay home, but with the economy I knew it wasn't financially possible. This time around, it still might not be financially possible, but it's too much of an emotional need for me to be home I don't know what else to do. I don't want to put more pressure on Phil than he already puts on himself, so hopefully I can keep some steady money coming in here and there from the photography business (shameless plug of the day: www.meghanboyerphotography.com).

Then last night after running around like crazy dealing with returning a rental car and picking up Phil we headed to the dealership and got a previously loved car. I love it, Phil probably thinks we got screwed since he always thinks that! I will say that I don't want to go through this car buying process again for a long time. It was really easy and simple this time, but this is my THIRD car in three and a half years and I'd like to keep it for a while. Phil thinks I go through cars like underwear but I reminded him that someone hit ME and I didn't intentionally total my car, go to the ER, freak out about the baby being ok, all just to get a different car. And last time we had to get rid of the mini because he knocked me up making me far from mini. So now that I think about it, I think it's him wanting to get new cars all the time. I'm on to him.

On top of the recent events, I am dealing with a stupid, annoying, disgusting, wintry cold. Today most of the day I worked with one eye closed because I couldn't see straight with them both open. Too much congestion and snot inside my head is making me dizzy! argh. Boy am I complainey, but really it's gross. How can I drive my new used car with crossed eyes?? And my nice clean steering wheel is going to be germapalooza.

Drink your OJ people. Fight the germ power.

No comments: