Saturday, January 2, 2010

On to a new year - thank God!

Good bye and good riddance 2009. You were NOT a good year. In fact, you were probably the worst, most stressful year of my life. So long.

It is hard because most of what 2009 brought was bad. I need not remind you of the many shitty occurences that took place (but I think that it can be summed up in saying that we met the deductibles for ALL of our insurances, health, car, and home owners). I am thankful for insurance. But if I may have a smidge of "glass half full" for a change, 2009 did some good things too. It brought us closer together. It taught me to love the family and friends I surround myself with a little harder and never take them for granted. It brought us this new pregnancy (thankfully coming to an end in roughly 10 weeks, hopefully less!). It also brought me to find my passion for photography and start my own business. But when I think about those things that came about in '09, it wasn't "2009" that brought them, it was Henry. He brought us all of those good things. I think he has more surprises and good things coming our way in 2010 too. The strong little man who has taken over my belly (and my butt and thighs and all of my chins) told me so. I really do owe it all to Henry.

So as we all move on to the new year (don't you just love how I say "we" like more than 1 person reads this!)  I wish all of you a happy healthy 2010. And to you 2009, I wave good bye to you - with my middle finger in the air.

1 comment:

Lola and Diesel said...

i read it!!! and I love you!