Friday, February 5, 2010

NST Follow Up

Just a follow upon yesterday's NST- everything went well. I'll have one every week just to be super cautious, which I appreciate. His heart rate was great and he's been flipping around in there side to side nice and healthy.

The doctor said something today that I knew but I hadn't heard anyone say yet. She said that "we missed Henry being tiny". Henry was born 4lb 8 oz and 39 weeks. I had attributed it to atrophy because I thought it had probably been a few days in between an accident happening and us finding out. That part still might be true, but to think that 2-3 pounds atrophied is just not realistic. Henry was tiny. Now that I know what it feels like to carry a healthy baby boy in my belly I understand why I feel like such crap. Every feeling, every kick, every little thing (except for this nasty heartburn) is different this pregnancy. I have been telling myself that different is a good thing. And it really is.

But now I realize why last time I thought I was small, and why I could run up the stairs with little trouble, and why I didn't getup to pee in the middle of the night very much. I look back at this post and laugh at the very last sentence "...I dont think it could get bigger." Ha! Well, in my defense, I had no idea! And 1 day away from 35 weeks I really do believe that I couldn't get any bigger. But I now know better as Bubba is probably going to gain 2-3 pounds before he comes into this world and he is already close to 5 1/2 lbs. Oh it's going to get bigger all right. And, I'm sorry Phil, but I'm only going to get more uncomfortable! But he will be here soon. And I am so ready to meet him. More ready for this than anything else in my life.

No comments: