Monday, October 4, 2010

With the fishes

I almost had a heart attack last Thursday. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I held on tight to Sam as I tried to keep my balance by leaning on the wall. It started when Phil said to me "I think I am going to take off today."

No, I'm not joking! He really did! In the 6+ years I've known Phil, he has NEVER just taken a day off. He goes in sick (sorry to those surrounding him in the office - I know thats gross!). Even if there is something going on for part of the day and most people would take the whole day off, he will still go in for the other part. He works his butt off and likes it! But I subscribe to the philosophy that everyone needs to play hooky every now and then. From school, work, the everyday. Whatever it is one does with their days, sometimes you just need a day off!

We decided that the monsoon that came up the bay wasn't going to stop a rare occasion like this! We trekked out to the aquarium. Umbrellas, hoodies, bjorn and brand new member cards in tow - we were off. I'll admit, I was pretty grumpy about going out in the rain. When it's raining I usually stay in with Sam. But I knew how excited Phil was to do something with his day. And even though Phil and I were soaked, it was so worth it. Sam was mostly exhausted and uninterested in anything but working his sore gums with the pacifier he chews on, but he definitely perked up when he saw the turtles. I think he might have actually been trying to beat them up, but hey - it was a reaction! It will be fun to go again soon to see if he notices anything differently. And maybe next time we can stay awake for the dolphin show?!





At first, you may think he is excited by looking at the fish, but really he is just trying to get that thing back in his mouth to chew. Always chewing.






Also in the last few days, that dang tooth Sam's been working on finally came through. Thank GOD! It was a rough week with bleeding gums, little sleep and LOTS of crank! Now if only I could prevent that from happening as he works on that second bottom tooth. hmm...

1 comment:

Jackie W said...

Great pictures, once again. So, Sam's finally got a tooth. Looks like he was really working it.