Wednesday, May 26, 2010

3 nights and counting . . .

Three nights of what, you ask? Well, we are all making progress here in the Boyer household. Sam is officially sleeping in his crib! He has adjusted fairly well, and surprisingly so have I. At 5 or 6 am, when he wakes up, I feed him and put him in the basket though. When I go to bed at midnight (which is too often these days), I need the easy solution at 5am! One things I've noticed is that Sam sleeps just like Phil - twitchy and fitfully. Poor thing! Every 5 minutes he is twitching and waking himself up. He didn't do this as much in the basket because he was too snug in there. As long as he keeps sleeping in long stretches, I'm not worried. But I already have sympathy for his future wife.

Yesterday was a long day for all of us. Phil had a really busy day at work and didn't get home until after 11 (making it a 15 hour day), which means that Sam and I had a LONG cranky day together. It wasn't bad really. Just long. It's hard for me to balance the things I need to get done in a day (photo business, house business, etc) with taking care of Sam. Usually I work on my photo stuff when he is sleeping but then the house stuff goes to the wayside. We will figure it out eventually I'm sure.

But, Sam and I have been having fun the last few days. This past weekend was so busy, that I promised Sam we would chill out together and have a good time this week. And we have :) See for yourself!

See, Mom, I'm too big for this basket!

But sitting up in it is cool.


I love my play mat.

My toes are so long I can pick things up with them already.  Well, almost.

Mommy and me :)

While Mommy was trying to take our picture, I sneezed and puke came out. Awesome. 

I love going to the park!

1 comment:

Randy said...

You are a special and loving mother. I am very proud of you. Each day will bring a new adventure for you and Sam. I am very proud to have known you for so many years while you were growing up with Jared. My love to you, Phil, and Sam!