Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blessed

Dear Henry,

I love you. Today is Mother's Day. Most people see it as my first Mother's Day, but you and I know that it is my second. I became a mother on July 28, 2008 when I found out I was pregnant with you. Last year on Mother's Day, I didn't get to celebrate being a mother, because there was too much sadness. It was too raw.

Then, Daddy and I were blessed with your brother and I became a mother again on July 5, 2009. Your brother Sam wouldn't be here if it weren't for you and for that I have to thank you once again.

Your brother is 2 months old today. He is a lot of fun, you would like him. When he sleeps in my arms, he holds on to the necklace daddy gave me last year, my "h" necklace. I always wear it and he always grabs hold of that one instead of the "s" one I wear with it. He loves you too.

I may only have one son to show off on facebook and to take pictures of and hold and rock to sleep. But I have two sons in my heart. And for that I am blessed.

I love you. We love you.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: