Saturday, February 26, 2011

me

I saw these statements on a bio page of another photographer. I thought it might be good to revisit some of these prompts. It will be interesting to see how my answers change the next time. . . 




I AM … me. someone who likes to think I have it all together, but knows there is no such thing. someone who will offer you the last bite of the most delicious dessert (that I likely made) even though I really want it. someone who will do everything I can to drop what I am doing when someone I love needs it. someone who is perfectly imperfect. someone who just wants to keep learning how to be a better mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter. 

I WANT… a full-body reconstruction after I'm done having babies. No, for real. 


I HAVE … everything I've ever needed and almost everything I've ever wanted. 


I KEEP … thinking I'm going to stay organized, but instead my organized space turns into a pile of crap


I WISH I COULD … sing. Hearing someone with a beautiful voice always gives me chills, no matter what they are singing.


I HATE … that anytime I try to plant flowers outside my house, some drunk frat boy comes by and smashes them - or steals one single petunia. (Seriously, who does that??)


I FEAR … water. swimming pools - fine. Oceans - terrifying. I get in them, but think I'm going to drown and die the entire time.


I HEAR … Sam crying when I'm in the shower. He never is, but my mind makes it up.


I DON’T THINK … my brain stops all day. I wouldn't know what to do if it did.


I REGRET … nothing. Well, actually I regret licking the bowl of my ice cream tonight. No one was home, and it seemed like a good idea at the time. . . now it's just shameful.


I LOVE … my family, my friends, my life, fresh sheets, a big bowl of ice cream, shamefully licking said big bowl of ice cream when no one is watching, the idea of matching pretty desk accessories, a giant glass of red, my chocolate chip cookies.


I AM NOT … good at masking my feelings with facial expressions. Usually whatever I'm thinking is written all over my face.


I DANCE … to make Sam laugh, and usually I end up laughing harder. It's pretty awful.


I SING … really annoying songs all day with Sam. I think he hates it too. 


I NEVER … will forget what Henry's death did for my life.


I RARELY … do laundry. I really hate putting it away.


I CRY WHEN I WATCH … any movie centered around or even highlighting any animal. 


I AM NOT ALWAYS … on time, but I always attempt to be!


I HATE THAT … I stepped on the tail of a dead rat on Thursday. It really traumatized me. 


I’M CONFUSED ABOUT … so many things, but I'm a good pretender.


I NEED … to go to bed earlier than 12:30am every night.


I SHOULD … go to bed right now (but i won't).

3 comments:

Amy C said...

I love this! So great!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy!

Unknown said...

Awesome Meghan - I love how you are so open with the world. I may have to copy this idea for this week's post :) If ya'll let me :)