Sunday, February 27, 2011

longing for spring

It really is crazy how one week changes everything. Last week, we were watching this:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1858120535810&comments (sorry, cant get the video to load to blogger....will work on it)
Sam had taken maybe 2 steps before this venture. You can tell when he is about to try something new - he looks right at you with this big grin and he just does it. Like he wants you to see the courage he has. Well one week later, he is walking all over the house. He still looks at you and grins, like he knows he is the coolest. Mostly he walks to Daisy. He stands up, finds where she is, and zombie struts over to her then flops right on top of her. Giggling the whole way. It's way fun. 

his smiley zombie face


his "attack mode" face. he sees daisy . . . then pounces. 

 We have had a few days of nice weather in the last week or so. Last week it was over 70 degrees and so Sam and I went to the park for some fresh air. I think I had more fun than he did, but thats probably because he was mad at me most of the time there since I kept taking the delicious sticks out of his mouth.


It was a breezy 70 degrees, but it made the flag look nice atop the hill. I pointed out to Sam that the "flag was waving in the wind" . . .
 And he started to wave to the flag. Something got lost in translation, but it was cute nonetheless. :)


 He played on the slide for the first time, and seemed to be proud of himself!

We went back to the park today. I love that although we went often in the fall, it's such a new experience for him because he doesn't remember. It's fun for me because I get to see that "first time" excitement in his face twice :) and so does Phil!

I'm not sure who was walking better, Phil with his brace, or Sam with his slow exaggerated steps :)



No comments: