Thursday, June 2, 2011

during the heat wave

Sam loves going outside. And he's pretty clear when he wants to go out. Kind of like a puppy learning to potty train. Now if it were ok to teach Sam to pee outside every time we go we would be halfway out of diapers!

He will come to you and give his noise to get your attention, grab your finger, and lead you to the door. He will point to his sunglasses and tell you in his own language he wants to go out. Sometimes when he is feeling lazier, he will lead you to the stroller (which is basically a piece of furniture in your narrow rowhome) and shake the stroller wanting to climb in.

This week, it was too freaking hot. I am not someone who likes struggling to breathe while hot, stuffy air forces itself into my lungs. Gross. So I tried everything to get Sam to stay inside.

One day, for a whole 15 minutes, which is an eternity in toddler-time, Sam balanced 1/2 an egg on his head. That was some serious entertainment. The funny thing is, he really liked it. he would get big eyes and try not to move. Then he would get confident and start to dance while balancing it. I told you I tried everything.

Another day, I busted out my favorite $1 bin at Target purchase - sidewalk chalk. I'm not quite thrilled with him playing with it at the front of the house since Charles Street is such a busy street day and night, so we went out back to our luxuriously fancy patio (aka busted up concrete slab) and started creating. I think I had more fun than he did, and it lasted maybe 4 minutes.

Needless to say, both days I was lead to the stroller, instructed to put Sam's sunglasses on him, and go for a walk outside.

He certainly is a bossypants.

and I love it.







No comments: