Thursday, June 16, 2011

faking it?

Sam's had a fever now for a week. A low one, but still. If it's still there tomorrow, we'll have to go for blood and urine testing to make sure theres nothing crazy going on. He's mostly acting fine, with a few exceptions. He's definitely worn out a bit earlier in the day and more clingy to me instead of going right to Phil like normal at bedtime. Hopefully, tomorrow he'll be fever-free and we can finally introduce him to his new cousin this weekend!

He hung out with Grandpa today while I took miss Caroline's photos. I'm not sure who was more tired, Sam or my Dad, but I know Sam was asleep in the car within 7 minutes, and I'm willing to bet Dad might have been snoring on the couch by then too. :) I don't think Sam heard "No" very much today, but hey - he is pretty convincing with his big wide grin.

So as I look at some photos from this week, I'm beginning to wonder, "is this little booger faking it? Because he seems to be having way more fun than some sick little kid should!"

"hiding" behind the basketball hoop.  

wearing MY hat. never wearing his own.

Got his first official "boo boo" chasing bubbles outside. Now he's a real boy - skinned knees and all.


i dont know why i gave him a glass bowl. Luckily, he's been practicing his head-balancing skills with the easter eggs.

Tired eyes still smiling through his edamame.

It's a pretty serious conversation. "The letter of the day was L. AGAIN. Whats up with L? It's always L. Why don't they pick S?? SERIOUSLY?!" (thats just the heated part I overheard)

He's into reading stories back to us. I think this one he's reading to Daisy. It's about dogs.


people often tell me how nice it is that Sam poses for my camera all the time. This is proof that he actually wants nothing to do with it. i have to be pretty stealth or else I get bopped in the nose with the phone, er, remote. (they're all the same)

No comments: