Sunday, June 12, 2011

life

Have you ever seen someone's life change? I mean, literally with your own eyes the second it changed? I can proudly say I have and that it changed me a little too.

Last Monday night, I was there, camera in hand, waiting for my sister and her husband (Kristin & Jem) to have their baby. I was there to witness quietly my sister prove her strength, mostly to herself since everyone else knew she could do it. I was there watching the fetal monitors. And while I knew Kristin and Jem were starting to worry about their little one who was quite stubborn, I was completely trusting and confident there would, in the end, be nothing to worry about. I was there for some scary parts, and was witness to the love and support between them that filled the room (and take it from me, that room was HUGE) and made everyone's hearts fill with joy. I was there to click away, capturing the very first seconds of my NEICE's life. To run over to her and take some photos to bring over to my sister, who wasn't able to hold her for a while. To show her that she was indeed perfection. To document that incredible moment when finally Caroline Quinn was placed in her mamma's arms after many years of waiting. I wish my photos could have captured the sound in the room. The sound of Caroline's crying that stopped seconds after feeling her mamma's heartbeat and hearing her voice. I was there to see the love actually overflow out of the new parents and onto their strong little girl. I really think I saw it. I saw Jem's heart melt as his eyes went back and forth between his amazing wife and his brand new love. His feeling of bliss knowing he was blessed with his girls.

My big sister, who has taught me so much. Who has always been there for me. I am so proud of her. And so incredibly lucky to have been there to document the day for them. It was almost a week ago, and I have been trying to figure out the words that could describe the feeling of being the fly on the wall when the most amazing thing in the world happened to them. And I realize words can not do it justice. But hopefully paired with some of these images, you can begin to imagine. And you can see for yourself the love and joy Caroline brought them, and the love and joy they have for her.





























I love you Kristin, Jem, Caroline, Max and Savannah. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh geez...here I go again. I should just attach a box of Kleenex to my body somewhere.can't tell you how grateful I am that you were there to capture these moments. I treasure these images, you and your gifts.

ELIZABETH said...

I second the eyes welling up thing! Man- nothing can compare to the moment you become a parent...

Jenny Israel said...

Just amazing...For those of us who were waiting from afar, you just made it possible for us to really "be there". Thank you Meghan, this will a real gift.