Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Arrrrrrgh, Happy St. Patty’s Day!

Why is it that when people do Irish accents, they end up sounding like Pirates? Is it because Irishmen were the original Pirates? Someone should tell that to Johnny Depp, because I don’t think that if he knew he were playing an Irishman, he would wear all that make-up. He would get his arse kicked in Ireland for that for sure!

But, pirate or no pirate, it’s St. Patty’s Day and I’m a little peeved. I might have to celebrate on May 17th or something because I really want a BIG Guiness to celebrate! Dang it! I’m making Shepherd’s Pie and it would taste so much better with a big stout – although it is delicious on it’s own.

Friday is my last day at work for a while. I am using some vacation time and will spend the next few weeks WISHING I actually were on vacation. I probably should have thought about it a little more because I have been working my butt off trying to get everything done. It’s pointless because there’s always going to be more to do, I just feel bad for those who have to do it while I’m out! That guilt will pass quickly I’m sure as I get a chance to relax for the first time in a while. . . starting Friday night.

So I’m going to get my shepherd’s pie out of the oven. Happy St. Patty’s day. Drink a green beer – no, make that 2 green beers (one in my very pregnant honor) and watch out for the hooks and peg legs you might see out and about tonight!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Don't feel guilty!! We will manage without you. Enjoy every minute with that little boy... once you go back, you spend the day counting down the minutes until you can to see him again.