Monday, December 26, 2011

Gone By in a Blur

This is what i remember from this past Christmas weekend.
My weekend is about as blurry as this shot of our Christmas tree.

Christmas always makes me think back to Christmases of the past . . . Even way back to when I was a kid. There is a traumatic story about why I really don't like laundry and finding out the "Christmas Secret", but I'll save that so I don't ruin anyone else's Christmas.

I obviously take a lot of photos, not necessarily more than any other mom or camera fanatic, but during the holidays, I try not to overdo it. I want to be present, not just capturing it through my camera. I definitely still got some funny shots, which help to remember all the things that happened over the last few days. So many places, so many people, so many cookies, so many fits, so many boogie wipes, so much wrapping paper hopefully recycled. It's always a lot packed in to a short amount of time. But it's always worth it. Once again things will be different next year. Just like last year we knew Christmas would be different with Sam this year. It's always seemingly the same, but the little things are different. So even though I didn't get 100 shots of Sam opening his many many presents, I got a enough to look back and remember, "Oh yeah, this is the last Christmas before [insert baby #2's name here later] was born." And as each year gets better with more and more joy, I can only sit here excited for next year as I smile at the memories these photos already bring.

















No comments: