Monday, January 2, 2012

New

Well, another year has gone by. I looked back to my first post of 2011 and saw that I vowed to splurge for a sitter on New Years Eve. Well that didn't happen. My first goal of 2011 and I didn't keep it!

I always hesitate to write down my goals at new years. I don't really believe in New Years resolutions. I think we should resolve to do things all year not just on the first day. But really, if I write them down, them I'm held accountable for all those things I didn't do. All the disappointment. It's the same reason I hate to-do lists. I have them (actually right now about 20 of them post-ited to my desk) but I hate them. Always looming. Staring at me. The words getting bigger as they try to get my attention and I continue trying to ignore them by covering them up with random things I find. Right now one is being covered up by my stapler. Another by a new bottle of body wash I haven't yet put away in the bathroom.

But as I take mental note of the resolutions I won't be writing down, I'm thinking about all the new things on the horizon for us this year. The obvious new baby who is going to give me a run for my money - I just have a feeling. The new ventures for my business - the photography workshop and wedding photography. A new house hopefully before the baby comes and we burst out of the seams of our current one. Some pretty life changing things.

It might be a struggle to keep the sanity during the next few months, but the only resolution I'm going to write here I think is an important one to hold myself accountable to. I'm resolving to not loose sight of the most important thing - my family. Phil, Sam and yet-to-be-named Booger. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that while we might be crazy and stressed during the process of renting out our house, looking for a new one, getting prepared as much as we can for another child, that I make sure we all just stop every now and then. Stop to enjoy dinner together slowly and not in a rushed "shovel the food in your mouth quickly because there's too much to do" kind of way. Stop and enjoy a Saturday morning by bundling up and heading to the park or for a long walk to get breakfast together. And to stop and always remember to be grateful that we are able to do all these things we are planning. It's been a long road trying to get to this point for us, and for many the road is even longer. For both having children and buying a home. We are incredibly lucky and I won't loose sight of that.

And speaking of lucky, we got to spend New Years day with a super cute Caroline. And Sam poured tea for everyone, whether they wanted it or not. Daisy snuggled with Snoop Dog. And Sam got to ride his favorite Christmas present (an antique John Deere pedal tractor) that is temporarily being held at the Harkins Garage.







AND, in case you haven't noticed, the blog got a bit of a makeover. I figured it's time for a fresh look. AND a new web address! You can simply go to www.boyerhive.com from now on to get our updates! Isn't that handy?!?

No comments: