Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More WOW, and a few OWs too...

If only I could videotape whats going on inside my alien belly right now you would understand the few OWs part! At 32 weeks 3 days, Bubba is already very ornery. Go figure, I don't know what side of the family he got that from?? (Thanks dad.) The butt juts, bladder olympics (I call it that partly because of the boxing match Bubba has ongoing with the bladder but mostly because of the sprints I have to do every few minutes when he gets a good punch in and I think I'm going to loose it), high fives (Phil had his first tiny high five the other night) - all show me though that he is just rockin and rollin in there. Good and healthy and strong. Braxton hicks hit every night and sometimes during the day too. They aren't painful so much, just definitely weird. And I'm thinking I need to get an exercise ball. Yes I will most DEFINITELY need it around 6 weeks after he arrives, but I need it now just to sit on. In the past I mentally (sometimes audibly) made fun of those pregnant women in the past...you know, the ones who think that bouncing on that dang ball will make them go into labor naturally and easily without meds, tearing or pain. Silly women. No I haven't converted to that school of thought - I'm still cynical and realistic! I fully expect pain, drugs and the full Monty. I need that stupid ball just so I can sit without pain now. And it's easier to get up off it than it is our gigantic over sized couch.

This pregnancy is turning out so far to be pretty different from the last. I welcome those differences. As crazy as I thought Henry was in there, I can already tell the character this bubba is going to be. Last time at 32 weeks, I was so busy putting things away, decorating, cleaning like a banshee. This time - well there is no energy for that. I'm just trying to make it until February 19 - my last day of work. Once I can have time during the day to do a few things here and there, I will be ok.

Now for the WOWs! I got a phone call today from the March of Dimes. I'm sure they call every team captain and say "thanks" and "wow you've raised so much" etc etc. But I really think Team HPB deserves the kudos! We DO have a huge team that is going to walk, and we have raised over $2,000! Remember my original goal was $1,500?? It's now $2,500 and April is a long way away! I am truly amazed at everyone's support especially during hard times. There are so many people and organizations that need support, especially with the unbelievable situation in Haiti right now. March of Dimes is supporting the urgent need for assistance to babies and pregnant women in Haiti. Check out the press release. What a great organization.

Thanks again to all. And Bubba says thanks too (actually all he says right now is "gulp gulp kick kick punch", but you get my drift).  ;)

No comments: