Sunday, January 2, 2011

birthday

A big day today!

Sam's buddy, Royce, had his very first birthday party! Lots of little boys bopping around. I just love the way they wobble like they've just had their hips replaced. I guess we really do revert back to when we were little as we get older. I wonder where the point is where we start going backward? I want to be able to pick and choose when I can go backward. I DO want to be able to tear open a freeze pop with my teeth and not care that I end up with orange sticky sugar on my face. (The orange ones are definitely the best) I do NOT want to start having to eat mushy foods because I don't have teeth anymore. I DO want to be able to dance and not care what I look like the way kids do. I do NOT want to have to start wearing diapers again.

I do want to be able to roll around on the floor effortlessly and not grunt when I get up. Hm. That sounds like I'm already old. Crap.


A very happy birthday to you, my Godson, Royce-man. Dig in. Because once you get older, your parents are going to start making you use forks. 



No comments: