Wednesday, January 19, 2011

walking

After things happened that shattered my world, I kept walking. I didn't turn around. I might have slowed down here and there, but I kept walking. I always have to keep walking. It's the only way I get through. If you keep walking you are bound to come across some beauty. Beauty that comes from those world shattering moments. Beauty that you simply can't see if you stand still in the ruins.

Last April, we walked. We laughed. We remembered. We smiled. We came together and raised nearly $5700 for the March for Babies Team HPB. It was just over a year since we lost our Henry, and just 6 weeks since we were blessed with our Samuel.

When Phil and I decided we wanted to walk last year, we were excited to set up a team and hopefully raise a few dollars for this organization we believe in so much. I thought $500 as a team goal was probably too high, but I figured if we had to put in more of our money to meet it, then so be it. That $500 was met within a week of sending out the first email. So I raised the goal. And then raised it again, and again. And on the day of the walk I was so proud of all of my friends and family who were a part of this incredibly special day for me and Phil. We were the top family team in Harford County.

I remember participating in this very walk as a kid with a friend and her mom. I didn't know anything about the March of Dimes except that it helped sick babies. I now wish I knew why they were walking. I wish I knew their story. It might be like mine. But back then, it wouldn't have meant to me what it does now. I know that to some people this is "just a walk" or "just another fundraiser" and thats okay. But to me, this is by no means just another walk. This is our small way to keep Henry's memory alive. This is our small way to contribute to an organization that can help fund research so another family doesn't have to loose their Henry.

Please consider joining our team and helping raise money and awareness for this fantastic organization. If you don't want to walk but want to contribute, click below and donate online. Every little bit counts. And every dollar is appreciated so very much.



★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★


And since I simply can't post without a bubba pic (or twoish) . . .

 I'm not sure why he looks like a homeless man here? whats up with that hair?





No comments: