Thursday, January 13, 2011

Harkins volume

With Sam, the volume is either on silent, or full blast. He "talks" a LOT and when he does, he has Harkins volume. The kind of volume where you can hear the conversation over the phone although the phone is 3 feet from your ear. Judy-Ho thats loud. ;)

But more and more recently, when he's not loud-talking, I notice the quiet and begin to get curious. No doubt, he is up to something. Yesterday getting in to my diaper bag. Today, I found him hiding in the very small space between our bed and the wall of the bedroom - he was playing with a bobby pin. Then later, in the time if too me to stick my head and arm out of his bedroom door to shoo Daisy out of his room at bedtime, I turn around and where's Sam? For a second I thought did he get by me and go into the bathroom? Is he behind the rocker? Then I hear the loud bang of his head against the closet door. He was in the closet. Of course. How could I forget - there are many many enticing things in the closet.The trash can, bulk pack os wipes, clothes that don't fit anymore, dust and dog hair. He didn't make a peep about the head knock. That kid has a super human strength head. He gives me at least a head-butt a day and I am almost always the one who tears up.

He's getting more and more sneaky, and more and more ornery. And I'm once again noticing more and more crows feet as a result of the smiling. It's fantastic!

Tomorrow is Sam's first music class. He missed last week because he was sick so hopefully the other kids aren't already playing Stairway to Heaven with that head start...I think we can catch up though.


See how he looks a little bit guilty of something with that smirk? 

No comments: