Friday, January 7, 2011

fire and ice

In case you have been wondering what a 103 fever  looks like, it looks like this: (thank goodness for the comfort of Snoop Dog)
And then, while waiting for the medicine to kick in, it looks like this:
and this:
And it might even look a little like this when we are really feeling yucky:
or this when we are tired of feeling yucky:
but then, if we are lucky, we'll start to feel a little like this:
At least for a minute anyway.

While Sam was on fire, I was freezing. Literally. Frozen peas were stuck inside the back of a sports bra most of the day. Well not just peas because they melted pretty quickly, but there was succotash, some mixed veggies and almost a box of spinach, but the corners weren't comfortable. I'm hoping to regain some more movement in my back by tomorrow. I don't know what I did to it, but it's probably a combination of things. Whatever it is, it blows. It's been a long time since I've been in pain where movement brings tears to my eyes and cries out of my mouth with no control.

Tomorrow will be better for all of us . . . I just know it.

No comments: